The webcam is very important if you are a streamer. Interacting with the audience is a major priority, and that can be a problem if the webcam is not up to the mark.
You might be tempted to get the cheapest option on the market, but that is not something that we recommend. Today, we are going to look into the best camera for live streaming on platforms such as Twitch, Mixer, YouTube Live or Facebook Live.
Without further ado, let us dive into our top picks.
Top 7 Cameras for Live Streaming Comparison Table
Here are all the webcams that we are going to look into and some of their specifications that you might be interested in:
|Webcam Name||Video Quality||FPS|
|Logitech C922x||1080p||35||Check Price|
|Logitech BRIO||4K UHD||35||Check Price|
|Logitech C270||720p||30||Check Price|
|Razer Kiyo||1080p/720p||35/60||Check Price|
|Mevo Plus||1080p||60||Check Price|
|Microsoft LifeCam||720p||60||Check Price|
|Logitech HD C310||720p||60||Check Price|
The Best Camera for Live Streaming in 2020
1. Logitech C922x – Best Live Streaming Camera
Logitech C922x tops our list and is one of the most reliable webcam available on the market. The compact camera let you stream in full HD.
The Logitech C922x is a very impressive camera for the price and if you have issues changing the background in post-production then this camera will be a major time saver.
What We Liked
- Video Quality: Stream full HD 1080p videos at 35 FPS rate or HD 720p videos at 60 FPS. The webcam is also compatible with many operating systems such as Windows and Mac.
- Background Replacement: The camera removes the background while you are streaming. You can set a virtual background of your choice.
- Autofocus: Keeps the entire focus on you during the stream.
- Low-light Performance: The low-light performance of the camera is great.
2. Logitech BRIO – Best 4K Webcam for Streaming
The Logitech BRIPO an expensive streaming webcam but it offers plenty of features to justify that price. The webcam offers 4K quality video streaming which is more than what the average streamer uses but it is the best quality a webcam can offer.
The Logitech BRIO is the best choice for streamers that are looking for quality video. If you are willing to pay more for better-looking footage then you should pick up one of these cameras.
What We Liked
- Video Quality: The camera can stream 4K UHD video.
- Autofocus: This feature allows the camera to focus on your face during a stream.
- Low-light Adjustment: The camera can adjust the exposure and contrast.
- Compatibility: The camera works perfectly with Windows 10, XSplit, OBS Mac OS.
- Zoom: 5x HD zoom can be used for panning or zooming.
3. Logitech C270 – Budget Camera for Live Streaming
The C270 is another inexpensive webcam for beginners. The camera is able to record 720p video and comes with Logitech Fluid Crystal technology that improves image quality.
The Logitech C270 Widescreen is an ideal choice for streamers who do not want to spend too much money.
The webcam is able to provide you with fast HD 720p videos at a steady fps rate so that your audience can easily enjoy seeing you in a better image quality.
What We Liked
- Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology: Provides better video quality and corrects lighting.
- Performance: The 3 MP camera is able to take pictures and record videos in 720p. There are many compatibility options available.
- Compatibility: The webcam works fine with older versions of Windows.
- Built-in Microphone: The mic provides good audio quality and removes background noise.
4. Razer Kiyo
The Razer Kiyo webcam comes with a bright LED light ring which can be useful in low-light conditions. The design is compact and the camera works with multiple operating systems. Razer is well-known for making peripherals and accessories.
The Razer Kiyo is a great steaming webcam. If you are willing to pay a premium for the ring light and durable design then this is a great option to consider.
What We Liked
- Webcam Performance: Video can be streamed at full HD 1080p at 35 FPS or 720p 60 FPS.
- Ring Light: Improves low-light performance.
With a very easy operation, this webcam can easily be connected with simple plug and play connectivity. There are no drivers required to install in your PC or laptop for using this webcam. Compatibility factor is also higher as Razer Kiyo supports many famous streaming apps.
- Advanced Autofocus: the autofocus feature can keep track of your face.
5. Mevo Plus
The Mevo Plus is a very expensive webcam but it comes with all kinds of interesting features that you might be interested in paying for. The webcam can do 1080p 60 FPS video which is higher than what most cameras have to offer.
The Mevo Plus webcam offers high-quality video recording at 60 FPS which is more than what most cameras offer. If you are willing to pay a premium for performance and quality then this is a great option to consider.
What We Liked
- Video Quality: Stream full HD 1080p or 4K videos with the help of the 12MP camera.
- Connectivity: The webcam also works with smartphones via Bluetooth. The feature can be used to edit videos on your smartphone or use it as a remote control for zooming.
- Flexibility: The webcam rotates 150 degrees.
- HD Audio: Stereo microphones offer HD audio quality. An external mic can also be added.
6. Microsoft LifeCam
The official Microsoft webcam is a very decent option keeping in mind the price. The webcam can stream in HD quality. The design is compact and functional.
If you are looking for a decent webcam that does not cost too much then this is a product that is ideal for you.
What We Liked
- Video Quality: The camera can stream in 720p at 60 FPS.
- High Precision Glass Lens: The webcam delivers sharp image quality even in low-light.
- Compatibility: The webcam works with apps such as OBS studio and XSplit etc.
- 360° Rotation: Helps settings things up and increases flexibility.
7. Logitech HD Webcam C310
The Logitech HD Webcam C310 is a budget camera for beginners who don’t want to invest much. The camera has a sleek design and is made of durable materials.
The Logitech HD Webcam C310 is an inexpensive camera that has plenty to offer. If you are not willing to invest too much money into a webcam then this is something that you should look into.
What We Liked
- Video Quality:The 5 MP camera takes snapshots and is capable of recording HD 720p video
- Built-in Mic: The mic provides high-quality audio and reduces the background noise.
- Automatic light Correction: The camera is able to adjust brightness and contrast automatically.
What is the Best Camera for Streaming Live Video?
Things you should look for when buying a Webcam for Streaming
Picking up an ideal webcam for streaming requires research which can take a lot of time. We are going to save you some time and tell you about all the different factors that you need to keep in mind when you are in the market for a new webcam for streaming.
Here are the different aspects of a webcam that you need to keep in mind.
Video quality is the factor that matters most when choosing an ideal webcam for streaming. There are Three different video qualities to choose from:
- UHD 4K (High-end)
- Full HD 1080p (Mid-range)’
- HD 720p (Budget)
720p is great for beginners. 1080p cameras are better but they are a bit expensive. 4K cams offer the best video quality but are also the most expensive.
Some cameras come with built-in microphones which make it easier to stream. Some cameras might not have this option so keep that in mind when in the market for a new camera.
Compatibility if often an issue between Mac OS and Windows but when it comes to webcams you need to check whether or not the camera supports older operating systems.
The Final Word
These were all our recommendations for streaming webcams. I hope that this guide can provide all the information that you need in order to get a new webcam.
If you are still not sure which one you should go with then here are our top picks:
- Logitech C270 (Budget Option)
- Logitech C922x (mid-range Option)
- Logitech BRIO (High-end Option)
GamingFeature invests hundreds of hours of research and testing to help our readers in finding products that fit their specific needs. You support us through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Read more about what we do.